Join us in ongoing projects!
Current vacancies in the group funded by ongoing projects:
- 1 PDRA position available following a recent HFSP grant awarded to Marco Polin (https://mpolin.com/) on an exciting interdisciplinary project looking at the biophysics of sexual mating in yeast. This is a 4-groups project with three other teams in Italy, USA and Australia. The position will initially be for 2y with the possibility of extending it by 1 more year. The work is based at the Mediterranean Institute for Advanced Studies (IMEDEA UIB-CSIC, Mallorca, Spain), where the PDRA will join a dynamic interdisciplinary environment.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background on experimental microbial biophysics (e.g. light microscopy, microfluidics, image analysis, particle tracking) and the ability to build new setups and improve existing ones. They will be strongly motivated and independent. Previous experience in numerical simulations and mathematical modelling will be a plus.
Application deadline: Aug 31st; Starting date (negotiable): Nov 1st
More info in here.
Are you interested in visiting us at IMEDEA to explore new projects and collaborations?
We are happy to discuss and support applications for the visiting fellowships through e.g. the following schemes:
- Yearly calls at UIB anounced in March and September
- Yearly call Santander Iberoamerica for young researchers from Universities and Research centers in Latin America.
- Fundación Carolina call for Postdoctoral Visiting Fellowships
If you are interested in our work and you want to develop your cv with a personal fellowship, come and join us through one of the following schemes:
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship. Deadline usually in mid-September and results announced in February.
- Human Frontier Science Program Fellowships. Deadline for LOI end of May, full proposals end of September and results announced in April.
- Margalida Comas and Vicenç Mut Fellowships from the Government of the Balearic Islands. Call announced early summer with deadline end of summer and results announced in January.
- La Caixa Postdoctoral Junior Leader Fellowships. Call announced early summer with deadline in October and results announced end of March.
We are always happy to talk to perspective PhD students interested in research at the interface between microbial ecology and biophysics. We can offer a variety of PhD topics geared to different backgrounds and interests. For informal queries feel free to contact either Gotzon, Idan or Marco. Potential funding routes include:
- National FPU call open to students from any nationality. Call out in November with Deadline in December. Being in possession of an MSc is not required for the first step of the selection process.
- Local FPI-CAIB call open to EU citizen or extra-EU citizens resident in Spain. Being in possession of an MSc is not required for the first step of the selection process. Call out in July with deadline in early August.
- La Caixa doctoral Fellowships. Deadline in February and results announced beginning of June.
Build a free website with Mobirise